Safe and Effective use of pesticides
This training is designed to both develop management of pesticides and provide practical training to advance employees in the safe use of Pesticides.
Objective: The training is intended to benefit farm personnel working directly with pesticides. The training addresses spray application issues that are critical to the implementation of good agricultural practice and are in line with various consumer audits such as GLOBALGAP.
Target Group: Spray Supervisors and workers
Course Duration: 2 Days
- Introduction to Pesticides
- Pesticide Legislation and Regulation
- Sourcing and Transport of Pesticides
- The Pesticide Label
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Personal Health, Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Application of Pesticides.
- Storage of Pesticides
- Pesticide Records
- Environmental Protection and Pesticide Waste Disposal